This one is for my Pilates Power Classes. Please do these 7 moves everyday — they should take you 7 minutes in total.
- The 100 – arm pumps, 100 times! OK to extend your legs longs in your “Power Leg” position.
- Roll-up – the more challenging version = legs extended flat on your mat, pressing down to create an anchor.
- Rolling like a Ball
- Leg Circles – the more challenging version = legs extended flat on your mat, pressing down to create an anchor.
- Toe Taps – need notes? Go here
- Criss Cross – need notes? Go here
- McGill Crunch – lift your head & ball 1 inch, then lower.
- Golden Rule: If the arms/legs are moving, the torso stays still.
- Bonus Points: scoop your navel toward your spine.
- Demerits: jamming your low back into the mat. Do I have to get my squirt gun?
- Cranky Neck today? Leave your head down during the 100.
- Legs flying up during the Roll up? Use a strap around your legs or hook your feet under a piece of furniture.
Your brain will find every excuse why you can’t do the homework. Remember the Tony Robbins story I mentioned in class? A little bit everyday will get you FAR DOWN THE PATH, far faster than your friends, neighbors and colleagues. Well, unless they’re in class next to you that is.